Covid Safety Norms
The health and safety of our guests has always been at the forefront of everything we do at Indus Bound. You will have seen that over the years in the way we have responded to past incidents of crisis. Safety first. Always. That shall never ever be compromised.
We are proud to have adopted WTTC Global Protocols for Safe Travel.
We have spent a considerable amount of time to create our own very comprehensive manual for ensuring Post-Covid travel to our region is safe. These not only cover the obvious areas of hotels, airports and transport but also cover areas that we will directly control such as employee safety, our offices, Representatives, drivers, guides and more. We have comprehensive checklist prepared for the front-line to ensure we cover everything logically possible.
Our commitment towards our guest’s safety is guaranteed in everything we do. We are ready to welcome our guest with same enthusiasm we have always had, with the addition of improved safety standards for the new world.
Drivers, Guides & Representatives
- They are required to be fully vaccinated with WHO approved vaccines.
- They are required to wear face masks at all times.
- Their temperature will be checked daily, and will not allowed to work if they are found to have temperature above 99°F.
- They not to shake hands or make any physical contact with clients.
- Disposable face masks will be made available to all clients at any time during the trip as required.
- In case of Driver, Guides & Representatives showing temperature of above 99°F at any point during the trip, or showing any Covid symptoms, their service will be paused immediately, and replacement representative/driver will be made available at the earliest.
- Our Drivers are required to do thorough cleaning and disinfection of the vehicle prior to commencement of duty, with Special focus on handles, safety belts, seating surfaces, head rests and windows. Vehicle sanitization is to be done using WHO approved disinfectant.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in all our vehicles.
- Where large vehicles/coaches are used, seating capacity utilized is not to exceed 60% of vehicle capacity keeping social distancing norms in mind.
Sightseeing & Excursions
- While conducting sightseeing tours Guides will attempt to schedule visits in a manner that avoids crowding and breach of social distancing norms.
- Guides will attempt to procure all tickets/permits for sightseeing/excursions in advance to minimize clients wait times.
- We will ensure that all hotels and resorts booked for clients conform to local Health and Safety norms, and have all necessary approvals from the local authorities. Standard Covid Health and Safety norms in the Indian subcontinent include staff wearing masks, regular sanitization of rooms and all touch points, thermal screening on entry and luggage sanitization on arrival.
- We will attempt to provide hotels with client info in advance to allow contactless check-in.
Dining & Restaurants
- We will ensure that all restaurants and food outlets booked for clients conform to local Health and Safety norms, and have all necessary approvals from the local authorities.
- We will ensure that in all restaurants used by clients, staff wear masks, hand sanitizer is provided and temperature checks conducted for the guests and staff.